PRAYER FOR YOUR CHILDREN’S SCHOOL
The prayer of a righteous person is effective as it is working. James 5:16
‘Effective’ ~ engaged in, intensifying, working in a situation which brings it from one stage to the next.
I praise You for Your promise that the prayers of the righteous will be effective as they do their work. I am not investing time or crying tears in vain. Encourage me with the truth that these prayers will go out and continue to work far beyond the time I am speaking them. Use these prayers as a catalyst to display Your power and glory.
- I pray in advance for my children who will feel the pressure of their peers. Help me raise up Daniels! Infuse my children now with the strength to stand boldly, to be filled with your Holy Spirit so that your voice will be heard in a godless place. Help me teach them to be kingdom warriors; tough enough to stand and tender enough to bring the broken to Your embrace. I pray this scripture over each of my children ~ “Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.” I John 4:4
- Lord, I pray that You will remove the demonic glitter from drugs and alcohol. Let their eyes perceive things as You see them. As they are faced with temptation, in Jesus’ name, I restrict the enemy from deceiving them. May they see the evil and run to You.
- I am not the only one praying for my children in this school. I pray that You would make all your intercessors divine strategists, ‘wise as serpents while harmless as doves.’ Cause us to see the spiritual carnage of the school as Ezekiel saw the carnage in the valley of dry bones. May we rise up to say, “Prepare to hear the Word of the LORD.”
- I pray that You will touch the hardened hearts of students who don’t know you, the ones who have only seen evil in their homes and in their world. Awaken them to righteousness and hope in the face of Jesus Christ.
- I pray for each student who lives, privately, in a war zone. Cup Your hands around their spirits, return their innocence and protect it so that they can trust You and believe Your promise of salvation.
- I pray for each student who is a church-going Christian and is half-asleep. I say to them, in Jesus’ name, “Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:14 I ask Your Spirit to say to them ~ “Be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom we shine as lights in the world.” Philippians 2:15
- I pray for their Principal ~ that he will be influenced by Your Spirit to rule wisely and justly. Clothe him with power and peace. Gift him with faith, courage, and savvy to know how to advance the kingdom of heaven within his sphere of influence.
- I pray today what Jesus prayed, over each child and each faculty member. “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- I pray for revival in our school. “Deliver us from the power of darkness and convey us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” Col. 1:13 I pray for eyes to be opened to see Your glory, Your signs and wonders, and Your power. Let them see the forces of darkness tremble and flee.
- Finally Lord, I enforce the victory of Calvary over this school. I pray that Satan and all his angels will be prevented from acting out all they are plotting from the gates of Hell. Bring the execution of his plans into a state of confusion. You rule by Your might forever. You keep watch over the nations. Let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Psalm 66:7 In Jesus’ name, Amen